To collectively develop and promote the best possible professional standards and conditions for its members, and the growth of rugby.
In order to achieve this, RUPA endeavours:
- to provide its Members with an Association dedicated to the promotion and advancement of the sport of Rugby Union;
- to promote and protect the interests of all Members and to safeguard their rights at all times;
- to strive for the improvement of economic and other conditions generally and to regulate and correct abuses relative thereto;
- to secure and maintain freedom from unjust and unlawful rules and regulations affecting each Member's career in the sport of Rugby Union;
- to assist Members in securing employment;
- to assist Members in undertaking education and development opportunities;
- to obtain benefits for all Members;
- to provide a medium through which the Members may express their views on issues concerning their well-being;
- to provide legal advice and legal assistance in defence of Member's rights where deemed necessary;
- to publish an Association Newsletter;
- to elect from time to time Members as directors on the Boards of Directors of the ARU, ACTRU, NSWRU, RU and WARU Board.